Water Filtration in Laguna Beach
Why Water Filtration Is So Important and How We Can Help Improve Your Water Quality
When it comes to the water you drink and that you use to run your household, it is essential that it be as clean as possible. That is why a water filtration system is so important for your home and your health. At McKeown Plumbing, Inc., we offer a variety of types of water filters, but they all connect to the existing water supply and they all share a common goal: to reduce harmful impurities and toxins that might come from the local water supply.
If harmful impurities are left in your water, you can experience sediment, hardness, poor taste, a foul odor, and an excess of bacteria. This will have a negative impact on your water quality and your health. Water hardness refers to the level of dissolved calcium and magnesium in the water. If water is hard, the appliances in your home might suffer from it. If this issue persists long enough, you might need emergency plumbing services. McKeown Plumbing, Inc. wants you to know that there is an easier way: to be proactive about your water quality with a water filtration system.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
McKeown Plumbing, Inc. partners with AquaPorin to offer point-of-use filtration, whole-house filtration systems, and water conditioning systems. The point-of-use system, like the AquaPorin Penguin, filters water through specific entry points like the kitchen sink. Point-of-use systems offered through AquaPorin are a great option for those who do not own their properties, but want access to high quality water and the ability to remove impurities like nitrates and limescale. Some of the benefits of a point-of-use system include:
- Safer and healthier drinking water
- Cleaner clothes
- Helping the environment
- Reducing limescale and other harmful mineral deposits
- Lessening the need for plumbing services in the future
- Preventing skin irritation
Through AquaPorin, McKeown Plumbing, Inc. is also happy to offer whole-house filtration systems. Whole-house filtration refers to water that is filtered as it is coming into the home, so purified water is delivered to all home appliances. These systems use reverse osmosis, which is the most powerful form of water filtration. It removes foul tastes and odors, while also removing organic and inorganic compounds like nitrates, sodium pesticides, minerals, and a variety of other chemicals. Some of the other benefits of installing a whole-house filtration system include:
- Removing even the smallest impurities from the water, including microorganisms and organic compounds
- Removing the widest spectrum of contaminants of any water treatment process, including Chlorine, Chloramine, Arsenic, Nitrate, Nitrite, PFOA, PFAS, Lead, Sodium, and Radioactivity
Another option we offer through AquaPorin is whole-house water conditioning systems. If you want to prevent hard water and limescale buildup, and help free your pipes and appliances of pre-existing buildup, this might be the solution for you. However, if removing fluorides, nitrates, and nitrites is a high priority to you, this might not be the best option. We will walk you through the benefits and drawbacks of each of these systems, including the benefits of physical water conditioning, such as:
- Filters a wide range of the most dangerous contaminants while limiting expenses
- Does not require electricity because it is a passive filter
- Does not rid water of healthy nutrients and minerals
- Customizable and allows you to choose a filter that handles the contaminants you are most concerned about
In addition to our traditional water filtration systems, we also offer UV systems through AquaPorin. UV systems use ultraviolet lights. At certain intensities, this emits radiation at high enough levels to penetrate bacteria and other microorganisms. In doing so, it effectively modifies their DNA, rendering them harmless and unable to spread through drinking water. Some of the benefits of UV filtration include:
- Kills ~99.9% of microscopic pathogens that can cause water-born illnesses
- Kills bacteria, viruses, cysts, and other living organisms that can be found living and growing in drinking water
- Helps treat water for e-coli and coliform
- Cost-effective and low-maintenance consumes little energy and only needs yearly bulb replacements
- Uses no chemicals and has no effect on taste or smell of water
- FDA-approved disinfection method
Get the Water Filtration System That Fits Your Lifestyle and Your Home
When you work with McKeown Plumbing, Inc. to get the water filtration system you need, our team will make sure you have an in-depth understanding of every filter we offer and the ways that it could benefit you. We offer a variety of water treatment services because we know that the Laguna Beach community has a wide range of water treatment needs. Nothing is more important to us than making sure you feel comfortable with the water in your home. Whether you would like to prevent plumbing issues or simply take charge of your water quality, we will make sure you get the water filtration system that is right for you.
To learn more about our water filtration services in Laguna Beach, call McKeown Plumbing, Inc. at (949) 408-1175 or contact us online.
Why McKeown Plumbing?
Investigate the Problem Before Making a Decision
Utilize the Newest Tools and Best Practices
Innovating Ways To Improve Plumbing Solutions
Licenses, Bonded, and Insured
Over 100 Years of Experience
Serving Coastal OC for Over 45+ Years