Laguna Beach Water Heater Repair
Expert Water Heater Installations & Replacements in Laguna Beach & the Surrounding Areas
Water heaters are essential for any home, enabling one to cook, clean, bathe, and more. If your water heater has a problem or you’re in the market for a new system, contact the licensed plumbers at McKeown Plumbing. With over 100 years of combined experience, we have the knowledge and expertise to install and repair all makes and models of water heaters. We offer same-day service for those urgent matters that can’t wait a moment longer to be resolved.
When to Call for Professional Water Heater Repair
As with most home appliances, water heaters deteriorate over time and will eventually need to be repaired. When that time comes, you’ll want to resolve the issue before your system completely stops working. Putting off repairs often results in significant problems that are more costly to fix and could cause damage to your home.
Common signs that your water heater needs to be repaired include:
- Cold or lukewarm water
- Irregular water temperature
- Insufficient hot water
- Leaking water heater
- Reduced water flow
- Smelly or discolored water
- Strange noises
- Rust and corrosion
- Rusty water coming from the unit
- Pooling water around the water heater
When you experience any of these issues, it is an indication that there is a problem with an internal component. Our skilled technicians will use state-of-the-art technology to accurately determine the source of the issue and advise you on the best solution.
What Is The Lifespan of a Water Heater?
On average, homeowners can expect a conventional water heater to last anywhere from 5-10 years. In some cases a water heater can last longer up to 15 years, before needing a replacement. When a water heater is ten years or older, leaks and other problems become more regular. The water heater has a hard time running as efficiently as newer models. Rust can build up around the base of the tank and lead to major leaks.
Water Heater Installation & Replacement
Replacing a water heater is a job best left to the professional plumbers at McKeown Plumbing. Our plumbers can help you find a new system that is properly sized and best for your needs and budget. On installation day, we’ll remove your old unit and dispose of it safely. Next, we’ll position your new system and get it installed correctly, ensuring all connections are made properly. Your system will have everything it needs for optimal performance and maximum longevity.
Commercial Water Heater Services
At McKeown Plumbing, we have years of experience providing commercial water heater repair services to customers throughout Laguna Beach and surrounding areas. The plumbing professionals on our team have a wealth of experience, and our expertise makes us the premier choice for businesses in Laguna Beach seeking qualified and reliable plumbing construction and repairs. Our plumbing team is well-regarded throughout the community, and we have received extensive training in commercial plumbing repairs and system construction. In addition to our extensive commercial plumbing experience, we use only the highest quality products. As an authorized dealer of Bradford White products, you can trust our team to handle any plumbing issue with expertise and precision. Bradford White is renowned for their premium quality worldwide, so when you want the finest materials and components from around the globe installed by highly trained and knowledgeable plumbing professionals, look no further than the team at McKeown Plumbing. With same-day service and a long track record of success, we can solve any plumbing issue with minimal disruption to your business operations.
How to Increase the Efficiency of Your Water Heater
Whether you have an electric or gas water heater, your monthly utility bills will be impacted by how much you utilize your system. Fortunately, there are many ways that you can save energy and money.
If you’d like to make your water heater more energy-efficient, you can:
- Regularly maintain your water heater – Regular professional inspections and service appointments can help preserve the efficiency of your water heater. By flushing out your system, you can prevent scale and sediment buildup that causes units to work harder and expend more energy.
- Insulate your water heater – The heat that your water heater works hard to produce can be lost through the tank or pipes. Insulating your system and hot water pipes can prevent energy loss and overworking, thus boosting the unit’s efficiency.
- Install a water heater timer – If you’re not ready to replace your water heater, installing a timer on your current unit can conserve energy. This inexpensive device controls when your system will turn on to heat water. Instead of wasting energy to keep many gallons of water hot throughout the day, the timer will turn on your unit when you want it to start heating again.
- Upgrade to a tankless water heater – Traditional water heaters have a large storage tank. The system is designed to keep several gallons of water at a certain temperature all the time. A tankless water heater only heats water when you need it. When you don’t have a hot water tap turned on, the tankless system is using little to no energy.
Save Money with a Tankless Water Heater
Are you tired of high energy bills and running out of hot water? Consider upgrading to a tankless water heater. Unlike traditional water heaters that constantly heat and store water, tankless water heaters only heat water as it is needed. This means you'll never run out of hot water and you'll save money on your energy bills.
Benefits of tankless water heaters include:
- Endless hot water supply
- Energy savings of up to 30%
- Longer lifespan compared to traditional water heaters
- Space-saving design
- Reduced risk of leaks and water damage
Our Laguna Beach water heater experts can assess your current water heater and provide professional installation of a tankless water heater that meets your specific needs and budget. Contact us today to learn more!