Make Sure Your Water Is Safe with McKeown Plumbing
UV disinfection system is one of the most powerful water purification techniques available and can help defend your family against harmful biological contaminants.
To disinfect your water and destroy bacteria, viruses, mold, and more, talk to McKeown Plumbing about adding a UV disinfection system to your home. We have over 100 years of experience, so we can help you understand the pros and cons of having a UV disinfection system – and our licensed, bonded, and insured technicians can install your UV treatment system in Laguna Beach or anywhere in Orange County.
Call us at (949) 497-1108 to get started today.
When you get a sunburn, UV light destroys your skin. When you use UV light at certain intensities, you can irradiate bacteria and microorganisms in your water.
UV treatment systems are essentially lamps that emit enough radiation to destroy water contamination. Water passes through a chamber, and the lamp emits approximately 254 nanometers of ultraviolet radiation, ridding your water of pathogens and contaminants.
What Are the Pros and Cons of UV Disinfection System?
Whether you are concerned about the water quality in your home, or you want an added layer of protection in case of emergency, UV filtration systems can kill disease-causing microorganisms.
The benefits of UV Disinfection System include:
- Killing about 99.9% of microscopic pathogens that can cause water-borne illnesses
- Effectively kills bacteria, viruses, cysts, and other living organisms that live and grow in drinking water
- UV radiation is commonly used to treat water for E. coli and coliform
- Cost-effective and low maintenance (yearly bulb replacements)
- Consumes very little energy
- Does not use chemicals
- Does not affect the smell or taste of water
- FDA-approved disinfection method
The drawbacks of UV filtration include:
- You need a sediment filter to protect your system from sediment and debris
- Sediment and debris in your water can block the UV light, rendering your UV system ineffective (you must use a sediment filter with a UV filtration system)
- Your water quality will depend on your flow rate
- The system can get too hot and overheat (especially at low flow rates)
When used properly and with other water filtration techniques, UV treatment can give you and your family extra peace of mind about your water quality.
UV filtration systems are also relatively affordable. Check out your options below:
Penguin Ultraviolet Filters
At McKeown Plumbing, we use Penguin Ultraviolet filters to protect your home’s filtration systems from unwanted bacteria and microorganism growth. You can purify anywhere from 3 gallons of water per minute to 20 gallons of water per minute for as low as $578, though prices range from $578 to $1,256.
You will also need to replace your bulb yearly, and bulbs cost anywhere from $193 to $273.
This low-cost, low-maintenance option can help you keep your family safe. Make sure the water you drink isn’t making you sick with a Penguin Water UV Disinfection System.
Investigate the Problem Before Making a Decision
Utilize the Newest Tools and Best Practices
Innovating Ways To Improve Plumbing Solutions
Licenses, Bonded, and Insured
Over 100 Years of Experience
Serving Coastal OC for Over 45+ Years